The Advisor Safety is responsible for assists the business deliver the goal of zero injuries and occupational illnesses. The Advisor will play a leadership role in the on-going development and implementation of Oyu Tolgoi HSES management systems and strategies to achieve that goal. The Advisor Safety must be capable of develops constructive alliances with site Leaders to deliver actions to mitigate safety risks and assure compliance to Oyu Tolgoi and Mongolian standards and regulations.
- Undergraduate or equivalent or higher education in Science, Engineering, Health, Safety, Environment or relevant discipline obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training.
- Knowledge of Mongolian Health & Safety regulations.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to safety & occupational health/hygiene
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, & presentation)
- Must demonstrate participative problem solving, project implementation & continuous improvement
- Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel & database software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team facilitation
- Project management skills
- Advanced organizational & prioritization skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning & Scheduling
- Coordinates & participates in HSE meetings, inspections, audits, interactions & observations.
- Attends daily prestart meetings within the area & contributes to safety learns and information sharing
- Assist in continues improve and maintain HSE documents
Conformance & improvements to legal & Oyu Tolgoi requirements
- Implements the Rio Tinto safety systems & processes within area/organisation of accountability & provides support & expertise to the operation.
- Reviews safety exposures & current status. Recommends & implements solutions to improve safety standards across the workforce.
- Implementation all aspects of safety procedures & programmes includes CRM programme, audits/inspections, hazard reports, accident/incident investigations reporting, issues of work access, work permits & behaviour based coach observations, conducts additional safety meetings & inspections as required.
Coaches & technical support
- Actively advises line management of critical issues & recommends interactions which will contribute to alleviates safety risks.
- Participate in key safety investigations. Support on prepares reports & recommendations & implement corrective & preventative actions.
- Continuously update trainings requirements & skills base & where necessary, conduct trainings courses improvement.
- Provide ongoing support & coach to all OT users HSE processes in the RTBS to Ensures that processes deployed to the business unit are successfully adopted.
- Document translation, proofreading
- Develops communication, awareness & trainings materials
- Other additional duties as required (e.g. Radiation officer)
Analysis & Reporting
- Monitors safety performance within region of accountability.
- Collates & reports safety data of any non-compliance & anticipated risk issues & results which comply with Mongolian legislative requirements & Rio Tinto standards.
- Incident data & trend analysis to identify improvement opportunities
- Identify & appraise conditions & practices that may create adverse safety exposures, compile, analyse, & interpret incident statistical data & Prepares reports designed to communicate this information.
- Identify requirements for risk mitigation and risk management activities at the organizational level (Level 1 risk assessment, hazard assessment, Level 2 risk assessment, etc)
- Effective use of RTBS and other related tools to support the operation of the HSE management system
- Evaluate new products & prescribe specialized equipment to mitigate potential safety risks. Recommend methods to reduce the exposure or the degree of hazard when it is not possible to eliminate the hazard.
- Review new projects, processes & procedures, to Ensures consider
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call me at 88117896 for more information.
Role duration: 12 months from the start date